Food for the Hungry Mind
April 09, 2011
March 28, 2011
- February: Bound to Singapore to try my luck again since Archie is here. First trial of the year, was held in the SG Immigration for some interrogation. Yes, was asked questions but I did not worry a single bit. Why? Cause I fed them with the information rather than them searching for answers in their system. Told them it's "not my first entry to Singapore" and that "I worked previously under a different name". But since "I am now married, am using my husband's surname. Here's a copy of my husband's details. I also have the authenticated copy of our marriage certificate..." Then the Immigration Officer finally convinced that I am not here to do any thing but visit my husband. There goes the exit door and saw my hubby from afar. Whew!
- March: Only went to two interviews. One was in Hitachi and the other was InterCall. Two different job scopes. First was logistics whilst the latter was conferencing. I prayed and asked God for his blessing. Either of the two will be fine. First luck of the year, I got the offer from InterCall. To double that luck, Hitachi also called to tell I was hired. But too late, I just signed with the InterCall just minutes earlier. Oh well, gotta let go the other. But yeah, thanks God!
- April: Archie requested that we move to another place closer to where he works. We were then living in the East whilst his work is at the West. Yep, it was quite a sacrifice for him. He bare the travel for me when I used to work for DHL. But since I got a new one, I had to grant his request.
- May: We found a place. It was in a condominium. Second trial of the year, our agent was a fake! We found days before we moved that owner didn't want to renew the lease so we only had 4 days to stay in that place and then moved to the next bldg. Mind you, it was our first time to move from the place we lived for nearly 3 years. This kind of mess was not an easy thing for us. And so we moved to the next bldg. Two weeks later, agents and prospective clients come and go viewing the place. WTH! It was chaotic! After that we were again moved to another condominium this time. And we were allowed to stay for a month only. It was up to us if we were willing to continue. The flat was huge with 4 rooms, etc. The rent was a whooping $4,500. N-O! @_@
- June: Found a nice place. It was in Dover inside the Singapore Poly compound. We liked it so we stayed.
- August: I had the rarest conversation with my kumare Rona about investments. Since I chat with her a lot how I love to travel, she referred me to her agent about an investment that will be put to use in the future. I was engrossed with the idea that I liked it at an instance. Talked to Archie and we both liked it.
- September: So I went to Manila for a short-secret trip to sign that investment. Boom! I have something I call my own...our own.
- October: Archie's cousin, Kuya Vernz was hospitalized and was going critical. Tough but he managed, thanks God.
- November: Mom-in-law was brought to ICU. Abnormal heartbeat. Sad, but she managed. Another work of God, thank you. The Pinay owner of the flat we were staying at said that we only have until Feb 1st of this year (2011) to stay. It didn't come as a surprise cause we were actually planning to move out. She just happened to spoke first.
- December: Started to look for flats to rent. Viewed here and there until we found the perfect place. Lakeside it is! But before we even moved, we took a break first from all the stress. We went to Krabi, Thailand to celebrate our first wedding anniversary. Straight from Thailand, we we eventually moved and welcomed the new year in our new-found home.
November 17, 2010
BIG as defined is "large, above average in size" ... this is how I dream. I've always had grand dreams. I mean who wouldn't right? But it's tough to choose which dream is the right one to accomplish. I sigh most of the time when I start to re-assess myself and see if I am anywhere close to my dream. What are my dreams anyway? Well, I'm sure we all have same aspirations.
- To have my dream house
- Drive my own car
- Manage my own business
- Travel the world
Let's work it! :D
November 15, 2010
November 14, 2010
November 13, 2010
November 12, 2010
November 11, 2010
October 09, 2010
FB is the culprit! Since I joined the cult, I've rarely visited my site. No more blog ads. No more time to do other things. The books I've bought to read had piled up. This is crazy and it better stop! I feel that time is so short to just be glued in FB. I don't play games but just read my friends' status.
And then came twitter! haha...I can't say much of it because I kinda like it more than FB now. I get to read lotsa stuffs. I just like it :)
Anyways, glad to write a little non-sense here again haha! Wish I get to spend more time soon. Hubby and I will go to west coast park this afternoon for a bike ride wee! Excited to burn :)
Posted by Abi at 12:20 PM
September 04, 2010
Here I am, married but no kids yet. Sometimes it annoys me to answer people who keeps asking if there's baby on the way. The world will know if I have because there is no reason to hide a good news right? Although I want to have, there are factors I need to consider. It's tough but I to be patient and wait...for the right time. I know God will bless me right when I need it.
August 21, 2010
At work, they say August is a very busy month for their business. Truly indeed! Gosh, this passed week was like a roller coaster ride in full swing. If I remember right, I only get to be away from my workstation when I go to the lieu. It's madness! But there's a good side of it. The company buy our lunches for 3 days. Isn't that cool? I get to save haha. I've saved prolly about $20 :) And for that, there's a week and a half more to battle the busy August. May the force be with me!
Next month, I'm turning 30. Ouch! haha. There are so many things me and my hubby have planned to make our lives worth living for. And one to mention is that at 30, we've pledged to stop eating chicken skin (oh dear) haha!
August 15, 2010
Hmm, I'll give it a test run this coming weekend and see if it really works magic on my feet. Here's a pic of the Rebel.